Winter Programs Special Olympics For Volunteers
Ski and Snowboard Instructors OrientationThursday, November 15, 2008
This orientation is for new and returning ski and snowboard instructors. Tyler Jones will conduct a training session on disabilities, disciplines and adaptive equipment. Mandatory for new instructors and strongly recommended for returning instructors.
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Where: 740 Gunnison Ave (CDA Offices, CFI building)
Warm-Up Trip to Copper Mountain ResortSaturday-Sunday, December 1-2, 2007
Two days, one night trip for CDA/SOCO volunteers. An easy, two day ski days in groups. We'll stay in condos in the main village and have lots of fun while getting ready for our teaching season. Yes, it will be a clinic... but an easy and fun one!
- Where: Copper Mountain Resort
- Sign-up deadline: November 9
- You pay: $110 per person (regular price: $270). Includes professional instruction by Kevin Hoskin and Paul Simonetti, two-day lift ticket for Copper Mountain Resort and shared lodging (condos) at Copper. Financial aid is available - we want you to come train with us.
More information: contact Martin via e-mail or by phone at 254-0404.
Make Your Reservation Today
Race Development CampSaturday-Sunday, December 15-16, 2007
Come to Telluride, Colorado to learn how to put on a basic race training day. CDA race coaches and Telluride Adaptive Sports Program have put together a race development camp for adaptive race coaches. We will focus mostly on designing training environment for athletes with intellectual disabilities. Day one: training drills, basic course setup. Day two: focused on intellectual disabilities. This will be a memorable experience.
- Cost: about $50 (final price to be announced by November 1). Price includes: shared lodging, two-day lift tickets, and training.
- Where: Telluride Ski Resort